“I need to get New PT Patients…NOW.”
This is the #1 problem facing the market right now.
Most of us risk insolvency if we can’t solve this problem.
For those of us who can solve it, we can gain market share at an unprecedented rate – with a flipped PT job market and rock bottom marketing/space costs.
In the past few months, the team at Breakthrough has experimented with new campaigns like Virtual Workshops.
But we’ve largely relied on a few fundamental marketing strategies to solve the problem of ‘how to get new patients’. The strategies themselves may seem simple, but don’t let that stop you. Actually implementing them will produce results and set your practice apart from most business owners (who have reduced and in some cases completely shut down their marketing efforts).
For example, here’s a story from an owner in the Breakthrough community:
This is a pretty remarkable rebound.
But there’s a deeper story which can be easily overlooked:
- The people who made it happen: Deepak and his team. Deepak is in my list of top owners ever in one significant category – Study.
He’s an amazing student and is genuinely interested in growing his practice and learning the best marketing methods to help with this.
- He and his team take action and implement. When asked about the secret to his success – Deepak will frequently say, “I just do what I learned here”
Sounds simple enough, right?
Well unfortunately for most of us, we seem to struggle doing that. Deepak implements the control first – then will adjust based on his metrics. He and his team will start with the fundamentals, then progress as they learn, and update the technique to make it their own.
- They are successful in a nearly impossible environment. In the greater Edmonton area, Deepak and his team compete with a free healthcare system (you can get physio for free down the street).
Yes, Deepak is in Growth X and has access to software that automates his marketing.
But it all starts with taking action.
You can do the same. Here’s how…
How to Get New Patients NOW: 3 Effective Steps
- Market to your past patient list ASAP. At Madden PT, we just ran a our Greatest Promotion Ever at all 5 locations. The result of that was 50+ Plans of Care. Deepak mentioned calling clients personally, but you can also use email for this. Your patient list is the most valuable asset in your business, but only when you nurture it and engage with the people on it.
- Market to the general public. Pick a niche – a specific target market – and make sure it’s someone who your clinic can treat profitably. Host an in-house workshop that will appeal to this demographic. One example would be a free event for back pain sufferers.
- Send a fax to physicians, NPs, PA-Cs letting them know you’re open.
An easy way to take action is with the Single Question Email. This one strategy can quickly produce multiple plans of care in only a few hours.
Not only that, but it’s a great way to engage with your email list in a way that past patients will appreciate now more than ever.
Click here to download the Single Question Email template for free. It shows you how to put together the initial email and also how to handle the replies you’ll receive.